Rosanne E. Lortz (“Rose”) is a writer, editor, teacher, history-lover, and mom to four boys. She loves to read, sing, draw, compose, write, and create. Education is one of her passions, particularly a classical, liberal arts education. She has taught English composition and grammar, Latin, history, music, and various other subjects for a dozen years at both the elementary and secondary level and is currently a teacher and administrator at a classical Christian school.
Rose’s first book, I Serve: A Novel of the Black Prince, released in 2009. This book explores the tumultuous landscape surrounding the Hundred Years’ War and the Black Death and is a tale of arms, of death, of love, and of honor. In 2015, Rose began her Pevensey mysteries, novels of romantic suspense set during the British Regency (with inspiration from medieval characters and events). The first three titles are: To Wed an Heiress, The Duke’s Last Hunt, and A Duel for Christmas.
Rose has served on the board of the Historical Novel Society North America and works to promote interest in historical novels. She enjoys reading and reviewing historical fiction, historical romance, historical mysteries, high fantasy, and some young adult and middle grade books.
MOST RECENT BOOK REVIEWS
- REVIEW of The Matchmaker’s Lonely Heart by Nancy Campbell Allen (BLOG TOUR)
- REVIEW of A Seaside Summer (Timeless Regency Romance #17) by Josi S. Kilpack, Martha Keyes, and Heather B. Moore (BLOG TOUR & GIVEAWAY)
- REVIEW of The Barrister and the Letter of Marque by Todd M. Johnson (BLOG TOUR)
- REVIEW of Manor for Sale, Baron Included (A Romance of Rank #1) by Esther Hatch
- REVIEW of Miss Sharp’s Monsters Series (#1-#3) by Suzannah Rowntree